Git Wiki Homepage
Welcome to the Git wiki web site. This wiki is a community effort to provide an accurate source of information for all things related to []. Make sure to visit the Git website for current updates and information. The Git [site source] is also managed using Git. The maintainers of the Git website would love patches for improving the website. It's a great way to try out Git. If you come across anything in this wiki or the Git homepage that needs to be fixed; help yourself and fix it. The more people who help work on this wiki the better this site will serve Git users. Think of this site as a Wikipedia for Git.
- Git Tools – Note: Have you written one? Add it here and announce it on the list!
- Git Documentation
- Git Community Support
- Projects using Git
- Git Hosting
- Git Compared
- September 15, 2009: Git User's Survey 2009 has been closed. GitSurvey2009
- April 20, 2009: Google Summer of Code Git projects announced. SoC 2009 Git Projects
- April 13, 2009: !GitTogether '09 announced. [[GitTogether09|GitTogether'09]]
- January 07, 2009: Google Summer of Code 2009 pre-announced. 2009 Project Ideas
- January 07, 2009: The Git home page moved from [] to [] (the old URL redirects to the new one)
- December 02, 2008: Webpage [] launches
- October 27-29, 2008: GitTogether '08
- August 17, 2008: Git Version 1.6.0 now [][Notes]
- June 18, 2008: Git Version 1.5.6 now [][Notes]
- May 25, 2008: Git Version 184.108.40.206 now [][Notes]
- May 07, 2008: [compares] Git with Hg and Bzr with Git leading in performance
- April 22, 2008: Google Summer of code Git projects announced. SoC 2008 Git Projects
- April 20, 2008: Git Version 220.127.116.11 now [][Notes]
- April 10, 2008: [] launches and ends beta opening doors for anyone looking for git hosting
Good starting places for developing Git would be
Using this Wiki
Git is not to be confused with at least these two unrelated projects which also provide commands named git. These should be uninstalled (or renamed) to use this git.
- [(GNU Interactive Tools)] is a set of file browsing and viewing tools (a text-based file manager).
- [(Guitar/Instrument Tuner)] is a defunct portable guitar tuner.