This page is for recording (or discussion) of Suggestions about the the [[FrontPage|GitWiki]] Web site.
Make sure your suggestion doesn’t exist already or that your question has already been answered by checking HelpContents.
Table of contents
SVN comparison page name needs typo fix
The GitSvnComparsion page has very good content, but should really be named GitSvnComparison; I already fixed the spelling ("comparsion" -> "comparison") in the page itself. It will also be easier to find via search engines ...
I thought it safer and more polite to leave the page rename fix to someone other than a first-time visitor. Thanks.
It would be nice to have installed parsers from [[MoinMoin:ParserMarket|ParserMarket]] (see [[MoinMoin:ParserMarket#head-17c33967bbb4345a453627b944bad1f1bc4b2791|Installation Instructions]] there) for languages used in Git, Cogito and examples, i.e for Perl, shell and e.g. diff.
- Perl parsers from [[MoinMoin:ParserMarket|ParserMarket]]: parser/Perl by Johannes Hoerburger (`.py` extension needs to be aded).
- diff output parsers from [[MoinMoin:ParserMarket|ParserMarket]]: parser/diff.py by Emilio Lopes.
It would be nice if there were shorter InterWiki links for linking to the Git and Cogito documentation, both HTML version and gitweb sources. One of the way of adding InterWiki link is to modify site's `data/intermap.txt` file.
For git and cogito manpages online it would mean that instead of writing for example
(git-apply(1)) use (proposal) GitDoc InterWiki link, i.e. use one of the following (ones that are possible to create)
[wiki:GitDoc:git-apply git-apply(1)] GitDoc:git-apply
if it is not possible). Analogous for Cogito docs.
For links to file in the git.git source via gitweb, instead of using for example
(git-apply.txt) use GitSource InterWiki link
Here a few suggestions for new pages.
Best Practice Page
- commit message: short summary (<80 characters and not the beginning sentence continuing in second line) \n\n long description
Reason: emailed patches, oneline log, gitweb overview. Some tools currently insert new lines after the first line if there is none. This may be considered as a bug and should be fixed.
- branching is easy and fast, use it (encourage topic branches)
- rebase if you've been the only person working on the branch to prevent unnecessary merges (making the history complicated)
- do not rewind history on public repositories or repositories used by someone else than you, it will cause confusion
- common pitfalls
- run make test after patching
- check for correct whitespaces (tabs, no spaces for indentation, no space at eol)
- editor settings
vim:tabstop=8:softtabstop=8:shiftwidth=8:noexpandtab:textwidth=80 for C files documentation seems to use a bit less than 80 for the textwidth most of the time, is there any recommendation for that?
- mua settings
Is it possible in some user agents to reply automatically to all people in a thread and the mailing list? If so please post configuration options :)
- mutt: press g (group-reply) but this may set the wrong followup-to header
IndexFile and WhatIsIndex
- IndexFile and WhatIsTheIndex pages are about nearly the same topic; perhaps they should be merged into one page.
- Why is there always a Git-prefix to the wiki pages?
fingering webcam 06 | teen webcam girls | hot porn vid | kimberly the milf | best behind handjob | big boob pantyhose | webcam destin | webcam slut pictures | resident evil 3 hentai | webcam video tgp | pissing on peolple | virginia college webcam | suffolk gloryhole | couples adult webcam | naked webcam pics | onepiece nami hentai | software creative webcam | webcam teen clips | ass webcam pics | chat webcam software | phone webcam sex | extreme black boobs | hardcore vaginal sex | blonde lesbian ass | cute webcam girls | spank male cartoon | college gang bangs | webcam tease | fat ass | fat black bitch | masturbation girl movie | handjob pussy cum | xxx porn | webcam girls free | brazil tgirl | porno monkey