These are events when git developers and users physically meet in the same place.
October 27(Mon)-29(Wed) in Mountain View, California (day after the Google SoC Mentor Summit).
Signup deadline is Oct 14th. Google needs a final guest list by then to prepare badges, sign in lists for reception, and a final head-count to plan for food. Any questions contact Shawn Pearce (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Shawn O. Pearce (secret project, JGit, PackV4)
- Sam Vilain (GitTorrent, Git as a DB backend)
People who said they are interested to attend so far
- Junio C. Hamano
- Shawn O. Pearce
- Petr Baudis
- Johannes Schindelin
- Sam Vilain
- David Symonds
- Christian Couder
- Scott Chacon
- Nick Hengeveld
- Steven Grimm
- David Reiss
- Adam Mosseri
- Eugene Letuchy
Suggested topics of talks/workshops/haxessions
- GitTorrent: current state, security considerations, future direction
- Submodules: how to make a UI for this important feature that is intuitive and complete
- JGit, quo vadis *?
- Using Git for everything but source (Git as a backup tool, how to handle large blobs, using as a DB back-end, etc)
- How to make Git more attractive to the Google Code folks?
- Success/War stories (big wanking session for Gits)
- Linkable library for basic object access (libification or new library)
- Git GUI that even a designer could use (TortoiseGit?)
- Shawn's current bundle related secret project
- TopGit introduction/design/integration(?)
- Pasky's current pickaxe related "secret project" (if tangible by then)
- New Git Homepage hammering-out
- Extending Git with volatile metadata database (see 20080910164045.GL10360@machine.or.cz)
- Git Survey 2008 results and discussion
If you are traveling far and wish to stay some extra time there are many activities in the bay area.
- San Francisco is 45 minutes north of Mountain View.
- Redwoods State Park is a 4 hour drive from San Francisco.
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park about a 4 hour drive from Mountain View.
One such event happened in 2007 with a few developers. It was an informal, fun time, but not technical.
-  quo vadis == 'where are you going?'