These are events when git developers and users physically meet in the same place.
October 27(Mon)-29(Wed) in Mountain View, California (day after the Google SoC Mentor Summit).
Signup deadline is Oct 14th. Google needs a final guest list by then to prepare badges, sign in lists for reception, and a final head-count to plan for food. Any questions contact [email@example.com Shawn Pearce].
People who said they are interested to attend so far:
- Junio C. Hamano
- Shawn O. Pearce
- Petr Baudis
- Johannes Schindelin
- Sam Vilain
- David Symonds
- Christian Couder
- Scott Chacon
- Steven Grimm
- David Reiss
- Adam Mosseri
- Eugene Letuchy
Suggested topics of talks/workshops/haxessions
- GitTorrent: current state, security considerations, future direction
- Submodules: how to make a UI for this important feature that is intuitive and complete
- JGit, quo vadis?
- Using Git for everything but source (Git as a backup tool, how to handle large blobs, etc)
- How to make Git more attractive to the Google Code folks?
- Success/War stories (big wanking session for Gits)
If you are traveling far and wish to stay some extra time there are many activities in the bay area.
- San Francisco is 45 minutes north of Mountain View.
- Redwoods State Park is a 4 hour drive from San Francisco.
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park about a 4 hour drive from Mountain View.
One such event happened in 2007 with a few developers. It was an informal, fun time, but not technical.