These are events when git developers and users physically meet in the same place.
October 27(Mon)-29(Wed) in Mountain View, California (day after the Google SoC Mentor Summit).
Signup deadline is Oct 14th. Google needs a final guest list by then to prepare badges, sign in lists for reception, and a final head-count to plan for food. Any questions contact Shawn Pearce (email@example.com).
- Shawn O. Pearce (secret project, JGit, PackV4)
- Sam Vilain (GitTorrent, Git as a DB backend)
- Junio C Hamano (TBD)
People who said they are interested to attend so far
- Junio C. Hamano
- Shawn O. Pearce
- Petr Baudis
- Johannes Schindelin
- Sam Vilain
- David Symonds
- Christian Couder
- Scott Chacon
- Nick Hengeveld
- Steven Grimm
- David Reiss
- Adam Mosseri
- Eugene Letuchy
- Tim Ansell
Please join the GitTogether mailing list. We promise to keep the traffic low and to disband it after the event. Useful information for attendees will be sent to this list as we get closer to the GitTogether.
Suggested topics of talks/workshops/haxessions
- GitTorrent: current state, security considerations, future direction
- Submodules: how to make a UI for this important feature that is intuitive and complete
- JGit, quo vadis *?
- Using Git for everything but source (Git as a backup tool, how to handle large blobs, using as a DB back-end, etc)
- How to make Git more attractive to the Google Code folks?
- Success/War stories (big wanking session for Gits)
- Linkable library for basic object access (libification or new library)
- Git GUI that even a designer could use (TortoiseGit?)
- Shawn's current bundle related secret project
- TopGit introduction/design/integration(?)
- Pasky's current pickaxe related "secret project" (if tangible by then)
- New Git Homepage hammering-out
- Extending Git with volatile metadata database (see 20080910164045.GL10360@machine.or.cz)
- Git Survey 2008 results and discussion
If you are traveling far and wish to stay some extra time there are many activities in the bay area.
- San Francisco is 45 minutes north of Mountain View.
- Redwoods State Park is a 4 hour drive from San Francisco.
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park about a 4 hour drive from Mountain View.
One such event happened in 2007 with a few developers. It was an informal, fun time, but not technical.
-  quo vadis == 'where are you going?'