(→Submitting Patches: -> Add CodingGuidelines)
(→Mailing List: Mention the list is used for reporting bugs.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Mailing List =
= Mailing List =
The best place to talk about Git
The best place to talk about Gitget questions answeredis usually the mailing list. You don't even need to be subscribed to post, just send an email to:
Revision as of 19:03, 29 August 2011
The best place to talk about Git, get questions answered, or report bugs is usually the mailing list. You don't even need to be subscribed to post, just send an email to:
You can find more official information about the mailing list here:
The list volume is around 100 posts per day, to subscribe send an email to:
With an empty subject line and the words "subscribe git" in the message body.
There's also a users mailing list where the list volume is much lower. For some users this might be more comfortable.
Mailing List Archives
There are several sites that archive all of the mailing list traffic so that you can search for discussions that have happened in the past:
- Gmane archive, with web interface using frames, blog-like interface, NNTP interface (Usenet interface) and RSS feeds.
- Git mailing list archive at MARC, Mailing list ARChives, with search.
- Alternate Australian archive (
www.gelato.unsw.edu.au) (last updated Feb 2007).
- spinics.net archive (least used)
- mail-archive of email@example.com (last updated Sep 2005).
- lists.zerezo.com archive
You can read ongoing threads without subscribing via GMane news (Usenet) gateway:
You can read (selected) threads using RSS feeds
- From GMane archive you can read all messages or all topics, with full or with excepted texts.
- From GIT Mailing List RSS Feeds you can read selected threads (ANNOUNCE, msysGit Herald, Notes from maintainer, What's in...).
For quick questions or just to hang out with fellow git enthusiasts, join the #git or #git-devel channels on irc.freenode.net.
These are events when git developers and users physically meet in the same place. See the GitTogether page for more information.