Tig is a text-mode interface for git: a git repository browser that additionally can act as a pager for output of various git commands. It is written in C using the ncurses.
In addition to browsing the repository history and individual commits, it also allows the trees and blobs of each commit to be navigated. Tig can also be used as an extended git-status, where files can be added and staged for commit, optionally at diff hunk level similarly to interactive git-add.
Using it as a pager, it will display input from stdin and try to colorize it.
- More information in the user manual as well as the tig(1) and tigrc(5) man pages.
- Screenshots of tig in action, for example of the the main view.
- Author: Jonas Fonseca < email@example.com >
- Homepage: http://jonas.nitro.dk/tig/
- Repository: git://repo.or.cz/tig.git
- Gitweb: http://repo.or.cz/w/tig.git
- Release Notes: http://jonas.nitro.dk/tig/NEWS.html
- License: GPLv2 or later