Git Wiki Homepage
Welcome to the Git wiki web site. This wiki is a community effort to provide an accurate source of information for all things related to Git. Make sure to visit the Git website (http://git-scm.com) for current updates and information. The Git web site source is also managed using Git. The maintainers of the Git website would love patches for improving the website. It's a great way to try out Git. If you come across anything in this wiki or the Git homepage that needs to be fixed; help yourself and fix it. The more people who help work on this wiki the better this site will serve Git users. Think of this site as a Wikipedia for Git.
- Git Tools – Note: Have you written one? Add it here and announce it on the list!
- Git Documentation
- Git Community Support
- Git Rev News
- Projects using Git
- Git Hosting
- Links to Git-related websites
- Git Compared
- Summer of Code 2011 projects
- Summer of Code 2012 ideas
- Git on Windows
- October 12, 2016: Git User's Survey 2016 has been opened, and will be open till 20 October 2016: GitSurvey2016.
- October 03, 2011: Git User's Survey 2011 has been closed. GitSurvey2011.
- September 05, 2011: Git User's Survey 2011 has been opened.
- August 20-21, 2011: Open Git-Workshop at FrOSCon, St. Augustin/Germany
- April 25, 2011: 5 Git projects accepted for Google Summer of Code 2011 (and at least five other Git-related)
- March 18, 2011: Git has been accepted to the Google Summer of Code 2011 program. SoC 2011 Project Ideas.
Good starting places for developing Git would be
Using this Wiki
Git is not to be confused with at least these three unrelated projects which also provide commands named git. These should be uninstalled (or renamed) to use this git.
- gnuit (GNU Interactive Tools) is a set of file browsing and viewing tools (a text-based file manager).
- Git (Guitar/Instrument Tuner) is a defunct portable guitar tuner.
- Grit (GBA Raster Image Transmogrifier) is a tool to convert images to the Game Boy Advance hardware. It used to be called "git", but have since changed name.